That's MRS. Elliottpreciouspants to you!!

I just got married, and I talk about it. A lot. I also have pet bunnies, which I talk about, sort of a lot, too.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Happy Halloween!




























Well, you can see that he wasn't such a happy boy in his Halloween gear. Lots of it was 0-3 months, and just plain too small. There was one of him in a Halloween sleeper that fit him well and he liked that, but, when I tried to post it Blogger said ok it's posted but it wasn't. I tried twice. Sorry.

The one of him in his seat in the sleeper was taken Wednesday morning, and the one of him in the yellow cow outfit was yesterday.

At his monday Dr. appointment, he was 11 pounds 5 ounces, and 24 inches long. In the 95th percentile for his size! Two nights ago he almost slept through the night (sleeping for 6 hours is considered 'sleeping through the night', even if it's 8 pm to 2 am). He slept from 8 pm to 1:30am--he's getting there. Then he ate like a horse instead of a boy.

Last night wasn't that good, he was up every 2 hours or so, and he just wanted you to rock him in a chair while he slept. Once you stopped--he woke up.

He's too big for his Infantino baby sling I got at the baby shower, and so I bought this thing called a Moby Wrap. It's cool, and it's popular among NINO babywearing groups (NINO= nine in, nine out, they believe that after the nine months you carry them inside your body, you should then 'wear' them on the outside of your body for several hours a day in a sling or wrap for nine months, it's part of the attachment parenting theory, it's interesting but I don't have much time to tell you about it, you'll have to look it up to find out more, sorry) and he LOVES that. He's in that a lot.

And I am down 32 pounds! I gained 23 during my pregnancy, and now I am down 32 so far. Just from getting up with him all night, breastfeeding, and walking around carrying or 'wearing' him all day long. I'm telling you, having a baby = best weight loss secret EVER.

9 Comments:

At November 03, 2006 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT a cute kid- even when he's pissed!

 
At November 03, 2006 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At November 03, 2006 8:20 PM, Blogger S said...

I can't wait to meet him! When will you be back home??

 
At November 06, 2006 9:02 AM, Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

We are leaving here the 10th. And thanks! I think he's adorable when he's pissed too:)

Sooo cute.....the girls are going to be in trouble when he gets older!

 
At November 09, 2006 8:54 AM, Blogger * said...

Oh geesh, the pics of him are too adorable! :)

I also have the same rocker/bouncer. I also have the papasan bouncer (I thought you had it, but I guess it's the swing?)

As far as the weight-loss secret, it's not so much the new baby as all the activity you're doing now. People do talk about how breastfeeding burns up "all" these calories, but usually you need to eat more as well. Of course, depending on how much you eat and how much you're running around, you could have a calorie deficit, in which case you of course lose the weight. Cool for you! :)

I gained 45 lbs or so with my first, most of it rather unhealthily. Yet by my 2-week post-partum visit, I was down 36 pounds. This time I only gained 17 lbs, and it was very healthy. And I dropped down to my prepregnancy weight within 4 days (at least, since that's the first time I weighed myself). I haven't budged weight wise since (that's my body's usual operating mode) so I'll have to hit the gym hard!

 
At November 10, 2006 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tell us all about what it's like to be the mom! you know, taking care of isaacpants, being home, being the mom, being married to your babydaddy... so fun... miss the elliott.

 
At December 14, 2006 9:30 PM, Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

CM--Great to hear from you and that you are doing well! Congrats on your sweet little new baby!Welcome back!

Sorry I have been MIA--we moved back home to Michigan, and don't have internet hooked up to our house yet. I am only online when I am at my mom's house (like now), so not so often.

Be back soon I hope--I miss you all!

 
At January 11, 2007 10:00 AM, Blogger * said...

I know you're enjoying the baby but hope you get back to the blog soon.

I have a new blog fyi.

- aka Chunky Monkey

 
At January 12, 2007 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

soon my foot! i know it's michigan, but they have some interweb there too. want to hear about the elliott!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home