That's MRS. Elliottpreciouspants to you!!

I just got married, and I talk about it. A lot. I also have pet bunnies, which I talk about, sort of a lot, too.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Dreaming of Baby

He's not here yet, but he only has 6 days left on his lease, so.....almost time to come out. Anytime now, still.

I keep dreaming about him, which is awkward, because I can never sleep. I have terrible insomnia, and it got really weird the other day when I didn't sleep almost at all at night, and then felt fine all day when I expected to feel like crap. Weird.

But I've dreamt about him being here, a lot. In two dreams, he's playing with my Grandpa's bird, Rosie. Rosie is a double yellow headed amazon, and does NOT have a friendly temperament. If anything, she's evil. But she's beautiful, and she's smart, and she talks a lot, and very well. She's fascinating, and she loves Grandpa something fierce. Just as fiercly as she hates all others. But anyhow.

In two dreams, that I have had several times each, I am either introducing him to Rosie and he loves her, or I am letting him play on the floor and Rosie runs up to him and cuddles him--and I am relieved because I am afraid she will bite him. He laughs and smiles through both dreams, although in one he has red hair, and in another he has very dark hair. And Rosie climbs on him and cuddles with him, and he loves her.

Which is weird, because like I said, it's Grandpa's bird. My mom has birds too, why am I not dreaming of them? Because I must be a freak.

Last night I dreamt that I was taking him somewhere, and I was deciding what he should wear. I was getting him dressed, and he was so cute and smiley that I kept talking to him and kissing his chubby little cheeks and telling him how much everyone loved him--me, his dad, the bunnies-and he just cooed at me and looked adorable. But he was fat and bald in that dream.

I also dreamt that I lost my mucus plug. Now, normally I warn people about gross things, so, notice that I did not. Here is what happened: I was sweeping the kitchen in my dream, when I found three of those wires for the video cables for your TV--you know, the red yellow and white wires that plug in to the back? They were all wound together. I was like what's this? I thought for a minute, and then I was like !! It's my mucus plug! I must have lost it! Now the baby should come any day for sure! It occurred to me that it was odd that I never noticed it come out, especially since it was three wires wrapped in rubber, and it also occurred to me that it was odd that I found it on the kitchen floor.

3 Comments:

At September 20, 2006 4:33 PM, Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

Actually, she just kept saying "Hi Rosie, I'm a pretty girl, I have pretty feathers..." over and over, which is what she says in real life continuously. Every once in a while she adds in "I have red ones and green ones and yellow ones and blue ones!" but usually, she just says hi to herself, and then tells you how pretty she is.

:)

The baby liked her a lot though:) It was a nice dream, aside from the fact that I was terrified the bird would scratch the baby's eyes out or something because she is evil.

 
At September 20, 2006 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when i saw the mucus plug as vcr cords thing, i immediately had this image of sitting behind the tv (as you do) wrapped in dusty cords, being like... plug, plug... the manual says insert cord "a" into mucus plug... why can't i find the mucus... AH- there it is!

i'm so glad you liked the sweater (i hope the socks fit him, even if it's not at the same time the sweater fits him). andy suggested the fireman bit. how tense- waiting for the pants!

 
At September 20, 2006 9:35 PM, Blogger S said...

Haha. That mucus plug bit is hysterical.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home