That's MRS. Elliottpreciouspants to you!!

I just got married, and I talk about it. A lot. I also have pet bunnies, which I talk about, sort of a lot, too.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Another Ultra-Sound

Yesterday I went to the midwife again. Every week now. Everything was normal. My blood pressure, I was up 1/2 a pound, I am now 70% efffaced, and dilated a little over 1 cm. He is still in the -1 head position. His heartbeat was normal.

BUT then....when she was trying to feel him for position and size...she started having a really tough time. She said "He's really big....here's his back....oh, no, here's his back....or is this is leg? If this is his leg, it's awfully big in order to be mistaken for his back....and it can't be his back, because I can definitely feel his head when I feel your cervix....Oh Julie, I don't know. Would you be opposed to going to another ultra sound? I just....I just want to make sure he's not, well, two. And I want to make sure he's not 14 pounds or something. If the u/s says he's about 9 pounds, and that there's only one of him, that will be really reassuring. If there's two, and we just haven't caught it yet, or if he's 14 pounds, well then we'll have to talk."

I reminded her that I've had 3 ultra sounds already, and there has always only been one.

She said she suspects all of those ultra sounds are accurate, but, she just wants to double check.

I don't really know what I think about that. I highly doubt it's two. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be horribly shocked if he were 12 or 14 pounds or something. And I don't even care. I just want him out now. And if he's huge like that, well then, I get some serious kudos for carrying around and birthing a giant baby, right? No problem. He shouldn't be big though--no reason for him to be THAT big. I don't have gestational diabetes, I mean they tested me twice! And I haven't gained a ton of weight, only 21 pounds. Oh wait, 21 and a half. Still, that's nothing crazy for a pregnant woman.

My u/s is at one. I guess I just have to wait and see.

A guy I work for, his daughter in law HAD the same due date as me. Joe came in today and told me he has a new baby granddaughter, 6.5 pounds, born this morning. I'm such a jerk, because I should be happy for her. But honestly, my back hurts, my lower abdomen hurts, I'm so uncomfortable. I can't even sit all the way through a movie anymore because things start hurting and I need to get up and walk around. My legs hurt. I'm tired. I am trying to feel so happy for her that she had her baby, but it's really tough because I just feel jealousy and/ or envy.


I'll bet he's perfectly normal--maybe 9 or 10 pounds--but just laying in an awkward position that made it tough for her to feel his size.

3 Comments:

At September 15, 2006 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he's definitely normal, definitely big, and i'm reasonably sure he's there alone. that would be pretty surprising to find a buddy in there with him, like you said, with 3 ultrasounds. i'm sure he's a big healthy kid. if he's 14 lbs, you're getting a c-section, and you'll be in the newspaper. if he's 9-10, you might be able to have him the regular ol' way (ouch dude!), but kids do get that big. if he's large but not huge, they might induce you. let me know if you're in labor! so exciting!

 
At September 15, 2006 12:17 PM, Blogger S said...

Yeah, I'm sure everything is fine, although it would be exciting (and unlikely) for there to be in two in there!

You're getting your u/s a type this - post the results as soon as you can!

 
At September 15, 2006 12:17 PM, Blogger S said...

Yeah, I'm sure everything is fine, although it would be exciting (and unlikely) for there to be in two in there!

You're getting your u/s a type this - post the results as soon as you can!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home