That's MRS. Elliottpreciouspants to you!!

I just got married, and I talk about it. A lot. I also have pet bunnies, which I talk about, sort of a lot, too.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

"Please, please, try to understand this before one of us dies!"

That's what my boss's boss said to me in conversation today, when he was all flustered and confused about something that wasn't remotely our problem, and trying to tell me why he thought it was obvious that it IS our problem.

It's not though. Do we live in Europe? No. Do we ship things from Europe? No. Then not our problem. Our European colleagues--yes. Their problem. Not ours. Not even our business, really.

But he was getting frustrated because I failed to see how it was our problem. And thus, made the statement above.

Jerk.

3 Comments:

At August 24, 2006 7:00 AM, Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

Kevin took some, but I am afraid that if I put them up, blogger will make me take them down because they are so grotesque.

God, I am so fat.

 
At August 24, 2006 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're not fat, you're with child. that's supposed to be hot. i bet kevin doesn't find it grotesque. gaining weight while knocked up means you and Mr. Pants are healthy and doing well. but you don't have to put them up, obviously, if you feel uncomfortable. i imagine it's got to be tough to get used to your body being so different from usual!

 
At August 25, 2006 9:25 AM, Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

Kevin doesn't find it grotesque--he thinks it's fantastic.

Although the other day, when I got out of the shower, he looked at my stomache and said "Oh my god! What happened to your belly!" and he looked all horrified.

I became immediately self conscious and covered myself with a towel, and was like "You dumbass, I'm pregnant! I've looked this way for months!"

And he was like "no, you've got some big black and blue spots on either side of your belly button!"

I looked down:

"Kevin, those are stretch marks. They aren't bruises"

He said "Oh my god! How did you get those?"

I said "Well, when you are pregnant, and your skin stretches, sometimes you get stretch marks. It happens. I've been lotioning up my belly with this stuff that's supposed to help, but, it obviously didn't".

He was like "Oh. Do they hurt?"

"No, they don't hurt".

So yeah, he's cool with it. But I couldn't help but feeling like, "Thanks for pointing out the fact that they are so obvious. I love you too!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home