That's MRS. Elliottpreciouspants to you!!

I just got married, and I talk about it. A lot. I also have pet bunnies, which I talk about, sort of a lot, too.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

adorable Ben's adorable baby sister

Mom sent me pictures of the princess baby the other day, and she continues to be one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen. As does Ben. Sheesh! My brother and his wife sure do make them ridiculously cute!



She is 10 months old. I wish I had a new picture of Ben to put up, too, but my mom only sent pics of the baby. I love those kids so much! Since neither of my parents had any sisters, and my dad had only two brothers that he wasn't very close with, the only aunts and uncles I really knew were great aunts and uncles. My brother and I weren't even super close growing up--we fought like all kids do I think. Maybe more, I don't know. But I never knew going in how much I was going to love my brother's children.

4 Comments:

At August 02, 2006 1:16 PM, Blogger S said...

Aww cute! Definitely looks like Ben, and in turn, like their mommy.

I didn't get a chance to call you to nag you about posting pics of yourself! Will try to this week!

 
At August 02, 2006 2:15 PM, Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

It's funny that you say they look like their mom, because in real life, when you see them in person, it goes sorta like this:

Ben looks EXACTLY like his dad.
Sophia Looks exactly like Ben.
Sophia looks exactly like her mom.

So therefore, if this were a mathematical proof, we would determine that my brother, the dad, looks exactly like his wife, the mom.

Which, we all know in real life isn't remotely true. So the way their kids look so much like each other yet so much like individual parents, is confusing.

But thank you:) I think she is adorably fantastically beautiful!

 
At August 02, 2006 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you guys read the joy luck club? of course you did. they made you in school, and they sent it out with samples of tide in the suburbs.

the end of the book, to spoil it for all of you who read the cliffs notes, is that the kind of loser kid in the book, whose mom dies to start the whole story, goes to meet the half sisters she only recently found out about. when she sees them, she doesn't know what she will say, and doesn't know where her mother has gone, or how to give these grown women who never knew their mom a good picture of who she was. then she realizes that she has her mom's nose, and the one sister has her chin and jaunty hips or something, and the twin sister looks like she has the eyes, and (don't do the teary-eyed thing like me) that it takes all of the kids to show what her mom was all about.

long story to make the point that kids have aspects of both parents, and really, you need a bunch of the aspects to see the whole bit of where the kid came from. I think that was the point anyway...

 
At August 07, 2006 8:32 AM, Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

I never read the joy luck club, but I did see the movie.

I've always wanted to read the book, it's just one of those things I never got around to...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home